Thank you for being part of the AIMA online professional community (and/or associated community sub-groups). To ensure the best possible experience for all our members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using the online AIMA Community, you agree that you have read and will follow our rules and guidelines, and that posting, responding, sharing and/or uploading content will be aligned to the core principle of the community - to share alternative investment industry specific best/sound practice information, advice, knowledge and insight.
The direct promotion of commercial products/services without explicit permission from AIMA is not permitted.
The AIMA Community is intended to provide a medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to AIMA via our online Contact Us form.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with the following important guidelines. If you have any questions please do get in touch. In order to preserve an environment that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to put in place moderation generally or suspend or terminate membership of this community to anyone who violates these rules.
- Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them. Please extend the benefit of the doubt to newer guests and members; there’s no such thing as a stupid question.
- Respect the purpose of the community. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions, and goals.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator.
- When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities. This helps ensure all messages receive the best response by eliminating "noise."
Discussion Group Etiquette
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply contact us to update your member profile.